Skip to main content
Off Campus Access
You are able to access all the electronic resources in the library from wherever you are.
How do I access databases from off Campus?
Library Off-Campus Databases
- To access Library resources from off-campus, you will need a valid LAN username and password. Your LAN username and password refers to the username and password you use to access the computers on campus. If you unsure of LAN username and password, please do the following:
- UKZN staff should contact the ICT helpdesk on tel: 031-2602481 during office hours only or email: email@example.com
- Students should contact the Student helpdesk on their campus:
Edgewood: tel: 031-2603498 during office hours only or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Howard College: tel: 031-2601171 during office hours only or email: email@example.com
Medical School: tel: 031-2604568 during office hours only or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pietermaritzburgn: tel: 033-2605989 during office hours only or email: email@example.com
Westville: tel: 031-2607818 during office hours only or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have successfully logged in using your LAN username and password, you should not require a username or password to access the databases. If you do experience any access issues to the resources, email the libwebteam with as much detail as possible of your particular issue
- For more information on accessing UKZN library e-resources from off-campus, consult our FAQ's
All information © 2018 University of KwaZulu-Natal. All rights reserved.