Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is a journal?
A journal is a scholarly publication containing articles written by researchers, academics and other experts. Journals focus on a specific discipline or field of study.
- From the Library website click on iLink catalogue.
- Type in the title of the journal and click on the blue journal tab.
- Identify the whereabouts of the journal in the relevant section of the library.
- From the Electronic resources option on the Library website click on e-Journals A-Z, or choose 'ejournals' on the Primo page.
- Type in the title of the journal.
- If the journal is available online, access details will be provided showing where the journal appears, the time coverage and full text availability.
- If you are looking for journal articles, rather search a database - click on the Databases option on the toolbar above.
Off campus access
In order to access journals and databases from off campus, a user is required to fill in the login form using their lan login details.
All information © 2018 University of KwaZulu-Natal. All rights reserved.